January 3, 2009

the dream dress

I know it's probably a fashion sin to say this, but I'll never feel comfortable wearing a dress that costs more than my monthly wage. And of course I'll admire them, on others, for the craftmanship that went into them, for the vision the designer expresses, and just plainly because it does look *so* amazingly beautiful. But to tell me I have to go to a party in that, instead of my regular priced, less extravagant looking wardrobe, ensures me that I will not have a good time. It's just not worth it, forsaking the memories of impromptu champagne showers, ridiculous dances on the dancefloor and carelessly stuffing myself with hors d'oevres, just so I can look more fashionable.

Mind you, I do enjoy looking pretty, and I love nothing better than dressing up. But please don't make me actually wear the designers I admire from afar, because it'll ruin the dream for me. In many ways, I still feel like the kid who liked to dress up in a pink tutu in her room, but would only leave the house to go out and play in jeans.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful dress...
    But oh yes, the costs of fashion is so incredibly high... so I turn to vintage finds!!!

    ReplyDelete