December 23, 2008

a new american spirit

I fell in love with boho magazine the moment I saw it standing between Harper's and W. It couldn't be more different from its neighbours, though gorgeous women's faces stare back at me from each of the covers. But Boho magazine is made entirely from recycled paper, as it is a green magazine. Everything inside it is either fairtrade, ecological or otherwise ethically responsible. Still, it manages to look a little glamorous, though not too much because it also has a DIY feel to it. The pictures aren't always as sharp or professional as we're used to, so that adds an unexpected personal and creative touch. The only thing that leaves me wondering about the future of Boho, is the fact that only eco-companies advertize in it. Great idea, but will that be enough for the magazine to stay afloat in these difficult economic times? I hope so. Can't wait for the next issue: ideas for crafting, cute vintage accessories, green beauty products and inspiring decorating tips. I'm feeling a little housewife-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment